Friday, October 14, 2005

Dream On Girl


Back in '94 my husband and I drove to North Carolina for the 30th anniversary of the Mustang. We are huge Mustang buffs ('64-1/2-'73).

At one time we owned 20 in all forms (good, bad and ugly). The township got on us (something about running a junkyard) and now we're down to 8, including my '97, and they are all under roof. So no one can complain. You see, we live on the edge of a very small village, but one of those nasty developments arrived bringing with it people from out of state. They are usually the biggest complainers and I say if you don't like it, go back to where you came from. We were here first.

When we visited North Carolina back then I fell in love with the state and the people. The first day was spent at Charlotte Motor Speedway (I refuse to call it Lowes anything) where the get-together was held. I was in total awe as I stood in the infield and looked around.

The next day we drove to North Wilkesboro for the Nascar race being held there. That track is no longer being used, which is a shame. It was a good little track for racing.

Some of my best memories are tied to North Carolina and if I had one wish come true it would be that I could live there. Preferably close to Charlotte.
But I doubt it will ever come to pass, so that's why I say dream on girl...

No comments: