I am very opinionated and will argue a point to the nth degree. I tend to want to get to the bottom of things, so I push the envelope beyond what is expected.
Monday, October 24, 2005
One Good Turn Deserves Another
There is a restaurant we have been visiting for a long time now. It's out of our way but the food is good and we like the atmosphere. The owner is Greek and he has three grown sons that all work in some capacity at the diner. The middle son is usually "on the floor" when we're there.
While going through things in my parents' attic, I found six inlaid ceramic discs with Greek designs on them. They reminded me of a coaster and they were very pretty. But I had no use for them. I immediately thought of "M" (the middle son). So last week we gave them to him. He was very appreciative and thanked us profusely. He wanted to pay us but I said "No, just seeing how much you like them is payment enough."
Last night we went back for dinner. Those discs were the farthest thing from our minds. Imagine our surprise when the waitress told us our bill was picked up by "M."
The funny side to this is that earlier my husband had asked the waitress to warm up his meal, as it was lukewarm when it was brought out. She told us that she informed "M" of this. When we were almost done that's when she told us our bill was being taken care of by the manager. (She probably thought he did that because of the 'complaint.' She's new, so she didn't know us and knew nothing about the discs.)
When we were done, we approached her to ask if she'd get "M" for us (we wanted to thank him but didn't tell her that). The look on her face was priceless. I can only assume she thought we were going to complain about her, when in essence she did nothing wrong.
She was reassured when she heard us thanking "M" with huge smiles on our faces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment