Did I get your attention? Ok then...I have no idea what is in store for us with this so-called snow storm that is headed our way. When my husband came home from work he said a lot of people went grocery shopping and the shelves will probably be empty when we go later today. I never understood their reasoning as to why they do that. If a storm hits us and we were snowed in for a month, I'd have enough food in this house to feed us that long, and probably then some. Of course, we wouldn't have the usual eggs and bread that everyone seems to think they can't do without, but I would be able to get us through that long.
After a storm it's only a matter of one day or so before everything is cleared away. It's not like the food suppliers can't get through either. So why do people do that? Why do they insist on clearing out the grocery stores before a storm? I know I am repeating myself, but it just aggravates me to no end.
***********************************************
I watched Speed channel today from 2:00 until 8:00 and I was in heaven. Dale Jr. has a car that he can do what he wants with, it will go pretty much anywhere he asks it to go. He is happy with the car and just plain happy that he is back to racing. And when Dale jr. is happy, I am happy. He picked a 19th starting spot. That is the spot he had when he won in 2003. Also, he was the 19th driver to choose a number. Of course, I would like to see him win the Bud Shootout again. I would like to see him take the first or second spot when they qualify on Sunday for the 500, and then I would like to see him win the Daytona 500 again. In a perfect world, he would. But there are 42 other drivers out there that are hoping for the same thing. (Only 20 others for the Shootout.)
And so, by tonight, I will be hearing those magic words once again: 'GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES!"
Ahhhhhhhhh...music to my ears.
2 comments:
Good Morning and a big HELL YES to the motors running.
TIREDAWG & JUST HELP ME: Well, we have to wait one more day. Postponed due to rain. Arrrrgh!
Post a Comment