Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Winter Olympics ~ Bring 'Em On!

I love most sports and I love watching them. I say most because there are obviously some that just bore me to death ~ like basketball, soccer, hockey, golf (although I do watch Tiger Woods).

When the Olympics are on, I usually watch everything that I can within reason. Although I am a little biased in that I will watch a "boring" sport only if someone from the U.S. is participating.

In the past, I have had problems being able to see a lot of the Olympics. It was called work. Funny how that gets in the way of a lot of things, isn't it?

The only time I remember that I was able to see them for a solid week was back in the 80's when I had flu and stayed home that week. My daughter was sick too so the two of us had nothing to do but watch TV. It was just the two of us at the time. No man to mess up our lives.

So here I am: able to watch as much as I want, when I want, because I am NOT working. It feels so good to say that (the part about not working).

Needless to say, I am VERY excited about the upcoming Winter Olympics. I will, however, miss the majority of the opening ceremonies and a lot of whatever is going on over the weekend. Hey, much as I love the Olympics, I love my NASCAR that much more! And with Speed Channel starting major NASCAR coverage on Friday at 2 pm EST I will be doing a lot of flipping back and forth.

So by Friday afternoon I will be in sports heaven, and I think even my quest for snow will be taking a back seat. Don't bother me until the Olympics and the Daytona 500 are over. And after that? Leave me alone whenever the race is on the weekends after that ~ be it Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon. I won't be rushing home Saturdays to watch a lot of the Busch races because Martin Truex, Jr. has moved up to Cup racing.

But even so, it looks like my sports plate will be very full for a long time and I'm happier than a pig in poop.

5 comments:

Jim said...

I'm ready too! Only thing is that you will watch three or four times more than me.
..

Tiredawg said...

What you need is a dvr player. Then you would be all set.

Cheyenne said...

JIM: Yes, isn't it wonderful?

Cheyenne said...

TIREDAWG: No, that would make me crazier than I already am.

Cheyenne said...

JUST HELP ME: Ice skating is my personal favorite too. Also like the skiing stuff, and the speed skating.