
I originally took this photo because of the Snow Geese across the road in the farmer's field. But I also captured our newest edition to the landscaping. It's a Snow Fountain Weeping Cherry tree on the left. We planted it last year after the "blossoming" season, so we haven't seen it's flowers yet, only the leaves that were on it.
Every time I have looked at it since planting, it has given me hope. Like the old Merle Haggard song "If We Make It Through December (everything's gonna be all right I know)." Well, we've made it through December and then some.
After all the snow is gone, after all the cold bitter weather is gone, and when the sun is warmer and shines brighter, that tree will have white flowers cascading down each limb, giving me hope that life does go on no matter what else happens to us in our life.
Hope ~~ what a small word that does so much!
10 comments:
Those are nice thoughts. I go for the hope thing too.
Have you previously posted pictures of your diecasts?
..
JIM: No posts of my diecasts. They are all in their original boxes. And if I take them out of the boxes, then I still have to store the empty boxes somewhere. I don't have enough room for all that, even with this 3 BR rancher.
Mother nature sure is grand!!! Good Morn.
Yes, hope does spring eternal. I have to believe that too! When everything else is gone, we have two things that should never leave us, hope and faith. If we have the faith that the tree will bloom then we have the hope that it will be gorgeous! Have a great day!
That is a great tree - good choice. Give it about three years and it will have a lot of flowers. Good Post
Ralph
TIREDAWG...hey! Good Morning!
MIKI: Love what you said about faith and hope. How true.
RALPH: I was hoping for lots of blossoms this Spring. (In a whining voice:) I don't want to wait 3 years!
I love those weeping cherry trees. They are so pretty and I think they're pretty just by their shape.
I just noticed earlier that I have daffodils almost ready to bloom! Spring is near!
RACHEL: Spring is not near in our part of the country. We have had some mighty nasty snow storms by mid-March.
Post a Comment