Monday, June 12, 2006

Bits 'n' Pieces

OK, I tried three times to bring a photo from my album for posting here and it didn't work. I thought Blogger was fixing that problem. It is so frustrating. Sometimes the photo will pop up in less than a minute and other times it takes forever. But this time...nothing. I'm glad I don't have to pay for this blog.

We met a woman at our local grocery store on Saturday who feeds stray cats like we have been doing. We talked to her for quite some time, in the pet food aisle of course. She was thrilled to find others like her who share a love for strays. She is involved with a place that picks up strays, neuters or spays them, and then returns them to where they found them, with the owners' permission of course. I don't know all the details because I didn't ask. I felt as long as our cats and kittens stay here on this side of the road, we would be OK. But they don't. And Saturday morning we had a harsh lesson. One of the older kittens became road kill sometime during the night. I wish I could build a huge fence all around our property so they would be safe from the idiots on the road. And the sad thing is, a lot of drivers aim for animals no matter what it is. Hopefully God will deal with them when the time comes for that. However, it doesn't make me feel any better.

About yesterday's race at Pocono? I really don't have too much to say about it. I was glad to see rookie Denny Hamlin win it. He deserved to win. I also was relieved to see Jeff Gordon climb out of his car after a horrific crash. I'm not a fan of his, but I don't wish harm on any of the drivers. Junior was doing good all day till the end, when his crew made an adjustment on his car that wasn't suitable. And that's all I am going to say about that. This race is over and we move on to Michigan. I can't wait to see the paint scheme on his car ~ it will honor both his grandfather and his father.

Yesterday was full moon; no wonder everything went wrong. I just knew there had to be a reason. I am still upset that I can't post photos. They make life more interesting. But...Blogger is being ignorant...again.

10 comments:

Jim said...

I have been having to put my pictures on first and then write around and through them.
They don't come up if I write first. I didn't get to watch the race but the sports write-up sounded like it was a good one.
..

Tiredawg said...

Blogger CAN be a bitch! Thank goodnesss it is FREE! If I had to pay for this I would be really pissed.

Rachel said...

Yes, blogger has been having problems but hopefully they'll get it ironed out soon. Fingers crossed!

So sad about the cat. Unfortunately some do tend to wander. Those I am feeding are so cute now and I feed them every day. I am afraid as they get bigger that some of them are bound to meet with misfortune. They know my voice and come running when I call them. I've love to bring them all home with me, but there are 6 of them and I have 2 already!!

Peruby said...

Fortunately I have never been in a vehicle when somebody aims for an animal. I don't know what I would do to them. I hit a cat once - 1980 and it still bothers me. It was dark out.

Cheyenne said...

JIM ~ I always put the pictures on first and then move them around or write around them. But I can't get anything at all right now. Very, very frustrating to say the least.

Cheyenne said...

TIREDAWG ~ Hope you stayed dry from that "storm."

Cheyenne said...

RACHEL ~ Gosh, if I brought all of these cats and kittens into my home, I would lose my home! We currently have 3 adults, 4 older kittens, and 8 wiener kittens (less than 8 wks old). And an occasional visitor now and then.

Cheyenne said...

PERUBY ~ I think if I ever see someone do that I will go after them. Really.

Ralph said...

Sorry about the kitten, the race, and your problem with blogger. When blogger works it works well. Unfortunately, when it doesn't . . well, you know.
Sorry it has taken so long but I final got a link to your site.
Ralph

Weary Hag said...

Cheyenne, Sorry about your cat, the race result and your trouble with blogger. Have you ever considered using a photo-hosting site? Before Blogger allowed us to upload pics, I used Photobucket.com; now, whenever Blogger's photo upload feature doesn't work, I just go back to using the photobucket and it works great every time without fail. Check it out sometime. It's very simple to open your own album, and you only have to share the photos you want to use for your post.

(I have three cats but they are all indoor-only guys ... I shudder to think what could happen to them out in the big world)