I'm German/Welsh, so our choices of foods were quite different when we first met. Since then, however, we have compromised and now we have diversified our taste in food.
My husband ate the following: halupke (like a stuffed pepper but rolled in cabbage instead), haluski (noodles and cabbage), pierogi (I think most of you know what those are thanks to Mrs. T's Pierogies and others in the supermarkets), belenies (potato pancakes), pulled pork on a Kaiser roll, and he topped it all off with ice cream and waffles.
We arrived an hour before the tickets for the food were being sold, so there weren't many people there yet. But you could smell the food cookling everywhere.
This was to be our dinner and I was very hungry as I hadn't eaten since breakfast. It was about 4:30 when I finally settled for coffee. We found seats under a tree near the tent where music was being played. By 5:00 food was being served. I sat, my husband bought and brought the food to me and so on and so on. I trained him well, wouldn't you say?Once we were finished eating, we walked around. These horses and carriage were taking folks for rides around the premises.

At 7:00 a local well-known band that plays country music finally gave a much-needed concert. I had heard a lot about them over the years but never saw them in person. I gave them an A plus. They formed the band in 1979 specifically to sing the songs of Conway Twitty. And with Conway's permission they used his name as part of their name.

We didn't stay for the entire concert because I knew I had a bunch of cats and kittens getting mighty hungry back home. They are used to getting fed at certain times and it was getting late.
9 comments:
Who is trained??????? Thos people were Dave Gilliland. The ONLY Busch Serei\\ies driver to win this year. LOL.
Sounds like a great day. That food does sound rather interesting.
Ralph
LOL at Dawg, the cats have you trained!!! :)
Sounds like you had a good time and keep that husband around, he sounds like a good one!
TIREDAWG ~ Oh, OK...I watched that race but he looked different when he won.
RALPH ~ Actually that food is quite delicious. Before I met my husband I would not have even wanted to taste it. Sure changed my mind since though.
BABS ~ Yeah, guess you could say they have me trained. Just don't want to get them mad at me. They depend on me.
I'm glad your pictures posted. They are nice.
Old folks regulate their daily timing by their pets, their comings an goings too. My parents wouldn't go far (never to Texas) as long as their cat was alive.
Caveat: you got there too early. Had you slept in and then come in the later afternoon you could have indulged in music and ** way into the night.
..
Sounds like a fun thing! Interesting food too. I haven't had some of those things and some I have. Nice photos!
JIM ~ Are you calling me "old folks?" When we went to the festival we had no idea when it actually started. We go every year but I guess we never got there that early before. Live and learn.
Post a Comment