I am very opinionated and will argue a point to the nth degree. I tend to want to get to the bottom of things, so I push the envelope beyond what is expected.
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
He Made The Front Page...
Last week, while driving a company tractor trailer, my husband somehow took down a light standard while attempting to make a turn.
I believe, had the light standard/pole been okay to start with, his rig should never have done what it did.
The bracket for it was too low. When he hit that, it all came down on top of the trailer and he couldn't move. The city had to remove it. Two pictures were in the local paper; one on the front page in color and one on page five in black and white.
The police gave him a citation. Damn! There were no signs giving the height of the bracket, like they post at underpasses. And there were no signs saying "No trucks allowed." We have a blow-up of the front page photo and anyone can clearly see there was nothing he could have done to prevent what happened.
He was told by the officer to send a certain amount of money to the address on the citation for a hearing. Then he can either attend the hearing (and lose a day's wages I might add), or call in. I don't know how that works since nothing like this has ever happened to me. After that, the charges are supposedly dropped and he will get a refund (?).
Well, slap my ass! Why go through all that if it's going to be dropped? Do I smell a small-town scam here? Will he be contacted for a hearing? Will we get the money back? Just what is this all about? Stay tuned, and I'll let you know when I know. But don't hold your breath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment