Wednesday, November 16, 2005

What Was He Thinking?


I'm not a Kurt Busch fan. Never was and never will be. So when I found this open letter dealing with the subject of what Kurt did a couple days ago, I found it quite amusing and would like to share it. This is for my Nascar friends out there:

To whom it may concern.
Regarding the future employment of NASCAR driver Kurt Busch by Penske Racing, and the Miller Brewing Company I would implore you to re-think and re-evaluate this contract.
After so many fine years of representation of Miller Brewing's products by Rusty Wallace I can't even begin to imagine that Mr. Busch is the type of person that Miller Brewing would want as the catalyst for any advertising campaign. Especially in light of recent developments.
Arrogant, belligerent, cocky, snot nosed, and spoiled are all words used to describe Mr. Busch by the press and race fans alike even before his recent run in with the law. I have to ask if is this the type of personality you want associated with your products? The kind of person you want customers, and potential customers, to relate to when choosing an adult beverage? I would hope not. To have Kurt Busch representing your product to me is unthinkable, and no amount of 'spin' will change the way I, and many thousands of other NASCAR fans, feel about Kurt Busch. This is true now more than ever.
Yes, he's won a championship, but he's never been 'a champion'.
NASCAR fans are a notoriously brand loyal lot, as you no doubt already know. They will also abandon a product over something such as this at the drop of a hat. Even now, before even donning a Miller emblazoned driving suit, has the name of Miller Brewing been bandied about in a negative light.
Yes, Mr. Busch made an error in judgement, several errors in judgement at that. The speeding, reckless driving, running a stop sign, even the alcohol on his breath could be forgivable under certain circumstances provided that the person in question was sincere in mending his ways. But we've all seen Mr. Busch's 'sincerity' in the past. Nothing ever changes.
But the unforgivable aspect of this entire sordid incident is his disrespect for the law enforcement officers that finally managed to reign in this loose cannon. To call an officer of the law a 'wimp', and tell him that he should be 'out directing traffic' is inexcusable and an affront to all the law enforcement officers throughout America, and to all American citizens as well.
These brave men and women are sworn to enforce the laws of this great land and insure public safety. To have them treated as they were by Mr. Busch is beyond comprehension. To ask them "Do you know who I am?" shows in NO uncertain terms that Mr. Busch feels himself superior to others, and above the law as well.
In closing let me ask once again that you divest yourselves of this putrid piece of human excrement before even more damage is done to the good name that the Miller Brewing Company has built over many years.

Obviously I didn't write this. I also left off the name of the person that did. I especially like the last sentence. Kurt Busch has offended far too many people and he is finally getting his "due." And his little brother Kyle is not too far behind him.

2 comments:

Raul Duke said...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the Busch Brothers either. They act like the world owes them something, and now they've both screwed Jack Roush over. Personally, I think this ordeal has been blown out of proportion. The cops said he was trying to get away. Honestly, as much as I don't like him, he could have gotten away from a fat arrogant cop. They just added the alcohol deal to get on TV. Not that I'm defending him, but I think he's in the right on this one. His brother is just worthless...and looks like a very gay vampire. Thanks for the good read.

Cheyenne said...

The fact that he asked "Do you know who I am?" just irritates me to no end. Arrogant little SOB.