I am very opinionated and will argue a point to the nth degree. I tend to want to get to the bottom of things, so I push the envelope beyond what is expected.
Friday, November 18, 2005
Today's Guest Blogger: Jasper
Hello ~
Let me introduce myself.
My name is Jasper and I am a lop-eared rabbit.
I was born in the Spring of 1995, so that makes me 10-1/2 years old.
My owner "rescued" me when I was a wee bunny at a very tender age.
It seems the master of the house has an older brother who knew someone that needed to find a good home for me. He immediately thought of the master's wife, her being an animal lover you know.
So one rainy day, during an electrical storm no less, the brother brought me to this house. The owners were both at work, so he found an empty 12-pack soda carton, put me in it, placed me on the ground, and then put a wheelbarrow (upside down) over me.
I was so frightened! I didn't know what I did to deserve that kind of treatment, and I missed my mommy so much. Well, there was nothing I could do about this predicament I was in, so I kept quiet and didn't move.
The owner's wife received a phone call from the brother at work telling her where I was and why I was there. (She told me all this later.) So, when she took that awful wheelbarrow away and lifted me out of that box with such gentle loving hands, I was so grateful and I knew I WAS HOME!
In those first weeks "mom" took me to a strange place to see a veterinarian. They had me spayed because I was told it would help me to live longer. The rabbit before me (that would be Shelby) wasn't spayed and she died of cancer at age 6-1/2 years, but not before we met each other. We got into a fight one day and "mom" kept us apart after that.
I am very well cared for and I couldn't find better "parents." They are so good to me. They never yell when I tear my newspapers apart in my pen. Sometimes I shred them and sometimes I make tunnels to hide under. I get all kinds of treats, and almost every night my "mom" shares her apple with me. Yummmmm. I have also just started getting Cheerios. Thank you Mr. Pratt for giving my "mom" that idea.
Well, I am getting very tired now so I am going to take my power nap. Maybe I can come back soon and write some more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It was so nice to meet you today when I stopped by Jasper, I will return again. I was able to learn some very interesting things from you today. I have never had a loving one like you and had no idea just how to care for you. I 'll be back to hear more from your mom and to maybe hear from you again.
You have rabbits guest blogging for you?
That's a pretty neat trick. I wish I could train my cats to guest blog while I'm away. Although I'd be a little concerned about what they might say. Cats are mostly evil, you know.
Oh Jasper, you are so lucky to have found such a nice home and Mommy! You sound like a very thankful rabbit too, which is a very wonderful thing. Would you like me to send you some carrots for Christmas?
Post a Comment