Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Oh Mr. SAND-man...


Yep, I had one of those nights again. You know, the kind where you think you're never going to fall asleep? I guess I do sleep off and on but it is such a light sleep that it seems like I've never slept at all. Very, very frustrating.

This is the second time now in the past week that it's happened. Once before Daylight Savings Time and once since, so I can't blame it on that. And then all day I'm yawning (did you just yawn?), I'm very tired and will probably fall asleep during prime time TV, like last time.

This is one of the worst things to have happen. You just cannot "will" yourself to sleep. I try all kinds of tricks and mind games but nothing works.
Damn. The worst part is, when I look at the clock it's later each time, but still no sleep. Ughhh!

Speaking of cats...

Well, I was. Catnaps?

Kally and her four kittens (Junior ~ Looks just like Mama, Blackie ~ solid black, Kitty ~ looks like Hubby's cat "Kitty" when he was oh so young, and
Twin ~ the other twin was hit by a car and we never named them), are all hanging around for now. Two other older kittens from another litter are hanging around too. Rusty and Linus. Of all these cats, the only one that trusts me, so far, is Kally. She sits within 5 feet of me while I am dishing out their food. Oh, one time Daddy Cat came over and sniffed my hand. He is a very slow cat, and I believe he is blind in one eye. Maybe that's why he came to me.

Meanwhile, I will keep feeding them and maybe one day they will not be so afraid of me.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Keep feeding and sweet talking them and they'll come around! Thanks for feeding the cats and kittens!

I hate those sleepless nights. I call it 'twilight' sleep, where you must sleep or doze some but you don't really rest. I've had a few of those myself lately. No fun!

Cheyenne said...

Rachel: I LOVE all animals. I get along better with animals than I do humans, actually. Some of these cats/kittens are getting closer but I doubt they will come to me. I have had success in the past with some, but these are very skittish.