I am very opinionated and will argue a point to the nth degree. I tend to want to get to the bottom of things, so I push the envelope beyond what is expected.
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Hurts So Bad
If I have one gripe in this world it is this:
What ever gave our ancestors the right to do what they did to the Native Americans? I will never understand how that happened and I am ashamed to admit that it did.
If you ever want to get me on my 'soapbox' in a hurry, just bring that subject up and you will get an ear full.
The settlers came here and just helped themselves to everything. And they haven't stopped. They have desecrated Mother Earth to no end. Why? When will the original inhabitants ever get back what is rightfully theirs?
I once watched a TV program where the settlers were being 'bothered' by Native Americans and they couldn't figure out why. One of them said "What do they want? Why can't they just leave us alone? This is our land, they can't take it away." Excuse me? Your land? How can that be? Just who did you purchase it from? Or rather, who did you take it away from?
Think about it. How would you feel if someone came to your house and told you to get out because they 'wanted it' and thought they were superior to you? And they just kept pushing and pushing until you finally either fought back or just gave up. The majority of the Native Americans back then did not just give up. They were a proud people and all they wanted was their right to live where they wanted. To live off the land; to come and go as they wanted and were used to doing. And please, don't even bring up the word progress. Because I don't want to hear it.
I have put off writing about this subject because I know how upset and angry it makes me when I think about it. Sometimes I just have to put my thoughts down on paper to alleviate any pain, but it's just too strong. No, my pain for them will never go away. Ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, I agree that they were given a rotten dirty deal. It is sad to think about.
Post a Comment