Friday, November 04, 2005

Totally Unbelievable


Let me preface this with the fact that I am home all day.

On Tuesday there was a slip in our mailbox telling us there is a certified letter that can be picked up at the local post office and needed a signature to do so.
I did not pick up my mail until 6:00 pm so it was too late to call the post office to inquire about it, and also to let them know it could be redelivered the next day. I thought he may have come to the door while I was in the shower, although I can usually hear the doorbell when I'm in there.

On Wednesday I did call. Yes, they had it there and yes, they can redeliver the next day.

So on Thursday, when they said they could redeliver, I changed my routine. I purposely made myself available to sign for the letter. May I add here that our mailbox is across the street and our mail is delivered via a mailtruck.

I waited until 2:00 pm before checking on the mail. Up until then no one had come to my door with any letter. Out the door, across the yard, around the huge maple tree, wait for traffic, cross the street, open the mailbox.

Why that dirty no-good S.O.B.!

What did I find? Another slip telling me I wasn't home and they could not get my signature to deliver the letter. I am ready to spit nickels at this time.

I couldn't wait to get in the house and make my phone call. And believe me, those are my best calls: when I am good and angry. I spoke to the same person and I asked her if I have to live in my mailbox in order to receive my certified letter.

Of course she was apologetic and I explained I was not yelling at her, that it wasn't her fault, blah blah blah... BUT if the carrier does not come to my door for my signature tomorrow there will be hell to pay.

She could not believe that he hasn't made an attempt to get a signature.
What carrier doesn't know that? And to make matters worse, he even circled that part on the card making me look like I'm the retarded one. Excuse me? I can't wait to see this "government worker" with the brain of a
larva.

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Ahh, my kinda woman. Well done.
Thanks for the visit. I've perused your entire blog and got a good feel for what's up.
Sorry about the house and job troubles.. I'll return. later c.

Rachel said...

Go get'em!! He's probably just too lazy to do it and hoping you will go to the main post office and pick it up!!

Cheyenne said...

I am still waiting at this very moment to see what transpires today.