I am very opinionated and will argue a point to the nth degree. I tend to want to get to the bottom of things, so I push the envelope beyond what is expected.
Saturday, November 26, 2005
Something's Missing This Weekend
Gee, what's missing you ask? Well, for starters, Friday would have been Nascar practice and/or qualifications. Sometimes those were done on a Saturday. Today the Busch race would have been run. Watching Martin Truex Jr. week after week defending his championship title was fun. (He won it again this year.) And next year he steps up to the big leagues and will be in the Cup races. And his teammate will be none other than Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Of course, Sunday would be the Cup race. This is the first weekend without my racing "fix" and I am climbing the walls. There were weekends this past season where there wasn't a race, but I knew there would be one the following weekend and that helped to get me through the week.
I wish I could take a long nap and when I wake up it would be February and Speed Weeks at Daytona.
I have a countdown reminder ticking away on my desktop screen telling me how many days, hours, minutes, and seconds are left until the Daytona 500!
Something tells me this is going to be a longer wait than in the years past. At least then I had work to keep me occupied. I suppose I could watch old races ~ but it's just not the same.
Hey, February, can we speed it up a little bit?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment