Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Who, Me Apologize?


I recently did something that was not so nice. I'll just say it involved an e-mail to a former co-worker. It was sent in error. Instead of hitting delete, I hit send but I didn't know it at the time. OOPS! It was composed when I was mad as a hornet. I shouldn't have done it the way I did, but I needed to get it out of my system. When I was done, I walked away. When I came back much later, the wrong key was hit.

Anyway, it had to do with my husband's two days of bereavement pay, one on a Friday and one on a Monday. Neither day was included in both checks. Apparently she does not know what code to use to pay for those type days.

He is a truck driver, so it is a nice chunk of pay. I overlooked the first one, but when it happened again the following week, well...let's just say that's when the sh*t hit the fan!

I understand the recipient wasn't too happy to receive the e-mail. She left my husband know about it the next day. He knew nothing about it and I felt I didn't have to mention it because I thought I hit delete!

It wasn't malicious or nasty or anything like that. I just reminded her of the two pay days she owed him and then asked her if she hadn't figured out how to do her damn job yet. (I used to do payroll when I worked there.) She told my husband if I had anything to say to her, I should say it to her face. I think she meant on the phone because I am not allowed on the property due to the fact that I was terminated on their trumped-up beliefs.

So you can judge for yourself and see that it wasn't that bad. However, because I messed up, I felt an apology was in order. So I sent her one using my other e-mail address in case she blocked or blacklisted the original address.

Guess what?

Apparently she has decided not to accept my apology. Too bad. It just shows how petty and ignorant she is. And, no, that does not warrant any apologies.

No comments: