Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I Finally Did It!

Did what, you say? I finally purchased a digital imaging program so I can play with my photographs. I'm so excited.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now I'm not saying it's going to happen right away, but it will sometime soon. I am a complete novice at these things, and for the most part I have to figure 90 percent of the things out on my own. What I really like are when the instructions on how to complete a task are simple enough for a first grader to understand. Of course pictures of the task, as we go along, always help.

Anyway, I am very eager to go to the playground and get started. However, finding the time is my biggest roadblock. Afer all, I have yet to do our federal taxes.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
But that's nothing new for me. I've been doing them for many years now. Well, more than I like to remember. Except for last year ~ there were a lot of complications as the settling of my parents' estate was involved and taxes weren't taken out of everything.

I had decided to let Jack$on-Screwitt do them for us ~ never again. Can I repeat that? Never again!

We ended up paying a huge amount back, which I was prepared for, but a month after we filed came a bad-news notice from Big Brother. We got nailed an extra penalty because we supposedly didn't have enough taxes withheld during the year. Well, excuuuuuuuuse me. Nobody ever told us about that one. So, of course, they thought it was going to be the same way this year. Geez, how many estates for your parents can one settle in a lifetime? Every quarter in 2006 they sent me a packet of crap so I could pre-pay my taxes. I don't think so. Screw them; I ignored the mailings and tossed everything because I knew it wouldn't be the same.

So I have approximately three months to do the taxes. And like all the other years I will probably wait for the weekend before the deadline.

I must point out, however, that a few weeks ago I actually sat down and did a sort of dry run-through but I got so bored I shoved them aside.

I don't know why I am this way. It's just one of those chores that I dread so much it makes me ill just thinking about it. But you know what they say about death and taxes...there's just no escaping them. Even after death someone has to do them for you.

9 comments:

Jim said...

So have you heard from the IRS since you tossed their junk? I'll be doing my taxes soon too. I may
have a bit to pay but not much.
Let us know how your new program works.
..

Racefan57 said...

that software is on my wishlist...good for you!!

Taxes...arrrggg

Tiredawg said...

You asked for it my Dear, now here we go.
Dogs:
Domino, Taco, Baylee, Skrappy, Ozzy, Wilson, Bentley
Cats:
Mau Mau, Kissy, Oliver(28 lbs. he "could count as two), Kia, Madison, China, Ocho, Lexie.
Other Notables:
Trixie-hamster
Boogie-Huge rat
Olivia-tortoise
Maxy-Guinea Pig
J.D.-cockateil
Lil Buddy (wifey hasn't named him yet,just got him two days ago)-chinchilla
gobs of fish and last but not least our outside rodent deturrent- big rat snake. Around four feet long.

There ya have it, the reason for the insanity at Dawg's house.

Cheyenne said...

Jim ~ No, I haven't. I just hope I don't have to deal with them on that issue this year once I file. If my liability is less than a thou I am OK; if not, I guess I am in deep doo-doo. Oh well.

Cheyenne said...

RaceFan57 ~ Good for you...it is a neat little thing to have for spicing up your photos, and a few other things.

Cheyenne said...

TireDawg ~ Wow! That's all I can say. Quite the menagerie. What about the one you just got, Monte? Did you forget about that one already? Well, I can't come near what you have, just my two little kittens. I have never had more than one pet at a time in my entire lifetime.

Tiredawg said...

Monte has been offically posted on my blog. He will also be joining us for breakfast on the Board. LOL LOL LOL He is a little hellion.

Rachel said...

Sounds like Tiredawg has his own petting zoo of critters!! Cats, rat, and a snake. Oh my!!!!

We got our little bit of federal taxes back today.

You will have fun with your new toy!! I'm usually scared to try new things like that for fear of goofing something major up! Good luck!!

Tiredawg said...

We did name him Grady. Wifey doesn't like it, so we are letting her figure it out. After all it IS HER chinchilla. That should be named Grady. LOL LOL LOL