Monday, March 12, 2007

Pins And Needles

That title describes me during the Las Vegas race folks. I tried to be so cool, even though it was just my husband and myself watching. I tried to disengage myself from the action, I didn't wear my Junior stuff, I didn't wish any bad luck on the other drivers, I didn't even dig out my notebook to see who he could surpass in the points at any given time during the race, and I acted like it was just another race. For the most part, it all worked. For me, because I felt by doing what I did at least I didn't jinx him. I know that sounds dumb, but I am beginning to believe that stuff about jinxes. Don't laugh, I'll get a complex.

It worked for him too. Well, at least it did until he made that rookie mistake and pitted on the red light. I slapped my forehead and said "Oh no, after all the inroads he made today!"

At least it's not as bad as I thought because I didn't watch the results after you-know-who won the darn thing. Junior finished 11th, instead of 5th (that's where he was when he committed that error). He came from 40th in the points to 28th. Had he finished fifth, he would have gone to 27th in the points. So all in all, not too bad, At this point, I will take it. And come next Sunday I will go through this all over again. I don't know if I have the stamina for it.

17 comments:

Tiredawg said...

Come on now, you know you like the rush!!! Shrubs sure as hell made a , a-hem good impression. I was really shocked, maybe even a little proud. Did I say that??? He handled hisself soo well Sat. after the Busch Series finish. He actually showed that Mr. and Mrs. Busch actually raised ONE man.

Oscar T. Grouch said...

see he has got so used to following orange cars, that he just kept following it. HE HE HE

sorry just a dig.

I do the same rituals as jinxes do happen

Jim said...

Well, I don't believe in jinxes, but ...
You did say yesterday about 'that day [being] a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, .. and thick darkness!'

I haven't picked a favorite yet this year. For his rookie year it was Jimmie but for sure no more.
I'll be watching Kyle again in his FORD to see if he deserves my help.

Lastley, aren't you glad only two Toyotas qualified and only Dale Jarret could make his finish at 33rd?
..

Cheyenne said...

Actually, I was a mess Sunday.
And I probably will be the rest of the season.
Yeah, Kyle, has finaly grown up. He sure shocked the you-know-what out of me though.

Cheyenne said...

Oscar ~ Yeah, but it was the wrong orange car. He's buddies with Tony ya know.

Cheyenne said...

jim ~ I purposely posted that scripture from the Bible because it is how I felt about the day and the forthcoming race.
Jim ~ I don't think Kyle needs your help. That boy can drive the wheels off a car and he's very agressive.
I can live with or without the Toyotas. I knew they wouldn't take over like gangbusters this year. Jarrett is going to be in trouble when his provisionals run out and he has to get in on time. I'm not laughing yet.

Rachel said...

Cheyenne, you are a glutton for punishment!!

Cheyenne said...

Rachel ~ Yes, I am and I'm the first to admit it. I am very passionate about my NASCAR racing, especially where Dale Jr. is concerned.

Cheyenne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheyenne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheyenne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheyenne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheyenne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheyenne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheyenne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheyenne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheyenne said...

Heavy fingers make more posts than anticipated. Oops!