Thursday, March 22, 2007

My Young'uns

They're 7-1/2 months old. They have more manners than the majority of children I have come across lately. They mind their own business, for the most part. They love us beyond what is necessary.

This is Junior:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Protector. Clumsy. Playful. Kneader. Lapcat. Muscular. Angelic. She-did-it. Big. Silver. Loves his sister.

This is Dakota Sioux:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Dainty. Petite. ALoof. Agile. Quiet. Lapcat. Sweet. Featherweight. Who me? Dilute calico. Loves ice cream and her brother.

I don't know how I managed to get this far in life and not know the wonderful feeling of owning kittens, soon-to-be cats. Yes, I had a cat when I was a teenager (and found it writhing in pain from poison when we came back from visiting on Christmas night). Maybe that's why I never had another cat as a pet. I have had dogs and rabbits ever since. But now that I have these two little ones, I am so glad that I have rediscovered cats once again. They are such a pleasure. They practically take care of themselves. That's more than I can say about my husband. I guess you could say he's my third young'un.

4 comments:

Racefan57 said...

cute kitties...

Tiredawg said...

They have sure grown. We have 8 (not on purpose either) cats. They are funny. Funny, Wifey says the same thing about me.

Rachel said...

They are so cute!! Cats are definitely special and ease their way into our hearts.

Jim said...

Your cats are nice. We had one kitty, Farrah, but we can't have more after she died.
Mrs. Jim's rule: if it/he/she dies or leaves home it/he/she won't be replaced and can't come back.
She said that applies to me also.
..