Thursday, November 17, 2005

Garth, Please Come Back


I watched the CMA Awards the other night, and the main reason I did so (besides the fact that nothing else was on) was because I wanted to see Garth Brooks perform. It's been, what, 5 years he's been away from recording?

I didn't realize how much I missed him till I saw the promos for that show. So I wasn't going to miss seeing him.

He supposedly "retired" so he could be a father to his three small daughters and vowed not to come back until the youngest was 18. She is now only 9. I think he'd better take back those words.

He should be singing for us all once again! And he should be married to Trisha Yearwood so they can make music together. In more ways than one.
I know he has a single coming out for the Holidays, but I want more, more, more!

(P.S. ~ my favorite country music artists, besides Garth, are Toby Keith and Keith Urban)

4 comments:

Raul Duke said...

I agree. I'm a huge fan of Garth, I really want him to go on tour again. Trisha Yearwood I could do without, but Garth is the man.

Cheyenne said...

I'm not a fan of Trish's either, but if she's good enough for Garth, then I'm OK with it. She does have a nice voice, though.

Sprinkles said...

Now, no throwing stones at me...but! I just never understood what was so special about Garth :) But then again I'm not a Country fan...not that I am opposed to others liking Garth.

My sweet grandma, rest her soul, always got a good chuckle out of me when she'd say, "If Garth's ears weren't so big his hat would fall down around his shoulders..." Of course she just said that to get my mother riled up since my mother is a big Garth fan.

But I will say, if I had to comment in favor of Country Music...I too would pick Garth over Trish :D

Rachel said...

I've never been a big fan of Garth's myself, but some of his songs are okay. I do like Trisha Yearwood though. Great voice!

Martina McBride can SING! Shania is another one I really like!

I don't care for Keith Urban either. I was hoping Brad Paisley would get Entertainer of the Year.