I am very opinionated and will argue a point to the nth degree. I tend to want to get to the bottom of things, so I push the envelope beyond what is expected.
Monday, November 28, 2005
Johnny, I Miss You
I was never a Joaquin Phoenix fan, but I wasn't going to let that deter me from seeing Walk The Line because I have always been a big fan of Johnny Cash.
So Saturday night we went to the movies, again. I haven't been in a movie theater in years, but we have now managed to get there twice within the month.
Guess what? I became a Joaquin Phoenix fan instantly. He does his own singing (he had to take lessons) as did Reese Witherspoon. I never followed her career either. She plays June Carter in the movie.
It was an excellent movie along with excellent acting and singing by Joaquin and Reese. They make you feel like you're actually watching Johnny and June.
I followed Johnny's career up until the day he died in '03, and believe me it was a very sad day for me when he left this good earth. When June died a few months earlier, he not only lost his only true love but his best friend also. I miss them both.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I liked them both too. I have heard the movie is good, so I may have to go see it, though I rarely go to the movies.
I didn't realize they did their own singing! Cool!
Rachel: You definitely have to see this movie. Even if you were never a Cash fan. Joaquin nails Johnny's every nuance etc. Yes, they both took lessons to sing that way, and they both had to learn how to play their respective instruments.
thank YOU for visteding MY blog lol
It is fun and i am home schooled so that way I can be here if something happens.
Jess
My wife and dauther went to see that movie last week and I babysat.
We were all three winners although I'm a big Reese W fan. If you read about her and how down home common she is, it's refreshing.
I'll wait until the movie comes out on DVD and sleep thru it then.
Trust me Cliff, you will NOT sleep through it.
Post a Comment