Monday, November 07, 2005

Where I Wish I Were


Every weekday at 4:00 PM I stop whatever I'm doing and sit down to watch "Little House On The Prairie."

For some reason I hardly watched it way back when it first came on TV. I do remember catching it a few times though. Guess I had other bridges to burn at the time. But now I can't get enough of it. I guess because every show usually has a moral to the story. Any maybe because I am somewhat older and wiser now (don't laugh), I understand it better.

Also, every episode usually makes me cry. Yeah, I know, I'm such a wimpy big baby. But I am good for a least one good "cry" per episode. I try not to, but it just happens.

The thing is, these stories give me such a warm fuzzy feeling. Kinda like I wish I could've lived back then and maybe grown up with Laura Ingalls as a best friend.

But, no, I was born (stuck) in the 20th century with all this newfangled technology, half of which we could probably do without. It was so much more peaceful and quieter back then. There were no landfills, no malls, no air pollution, no smut and I could go on and on about the nasty stuff we have to deal with today.

It would be so nice to go back to times when almost everyone got along and we had fewer choices to make.

Progress. Hmph!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

We love to watch Little House too. I used to watch it but seeing them again is as good as before! I love the reruns of Andy Griffith and Leave it to Beaver! Great shows! It seems more like a time when people had time for each other and sat on the porch and really cared about one another!

Cheyenne said...

I just love the 1700-1800's and if I am lucky maybe I will be reincarnated back to those times. I can only hope.

Peruby said...

I cried every time I watched "Little House" too. Every time I saw that little girl fall down the hill at the beginning of the show, I would laugh so hard, I'd cry.

That is the truth. Sorry, I do like the show, too.