Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Damn Stinkin' Bugs


In this part of the country we are again being invaded with what are actually called stink bugs. They are seeking warmth from the impending cooler weather. Therefore, they will come into a house wherever they can find access.

In our case, it was by a window air conditioner just installed a few months ago. When I first discovered them, I must have killed about 25 of the little buggers. I sprayed inside all around the air conditioner and outside. I must have looked like a madwoman. I certainly felt like one. I held the spray steadily on one and it just kept crawling away. You must squash them and when you do they emit a very sickly sweetish odor. And it sticks to your nostril hairs so that you "smell" it for a long while afterward.

Since the spray didn't deter them, I decided the next best thing was to plug up any spots where I saw daylight that they would be coming into the house via the air conditioner. Apparently I missed some spots because they were still getting in somewhere. So, over the next two days I just kept plugging away. And I decided I had better do the other air conditioners just in case.

I do not like bugs of any kind. They give me the creeps. It's always been that way with me, and if these "mothers" don't stop invading my home I will go insane! They should just stay outside and mind their own business.

As I type this today, and look around this room, it seems like I have stopped the invasion. Till I find another one and start ranting and raving all over again.

No comments: