I am very opinionated and will argue a point to the nth degree. I tend to want to get to the bottom of things, so I push the envelope beyond what is expected.
Thursday, September 15, 2005
The Inspector From Hell
When a house is sold in the township my parents' house is in, an inspector must come to check for "safety" items before a Certificate of Occupancy can be issued. I had the privilege of seeing this live and up front a week ago. Let me remind you that my parents' house was built in 1925. It is a good solid house. They moved there in 1950. With 3 small children. And none of us was ever harmed by these so-called "safety" things he found wrong.
Today, it is a natural thing to figure out that the wiring is a tad old and maybe some of the plumbing too. I have no problem with that. But this particular inspector found everything wrong with the wiring etc, some of the plumbing, and the craziest things having to do with handrails for anything having more than 4 steps. Well, excuse me, but none of us ever fell off any of those steps. This man was un-freaking-believable.
Then he handed me his "findings." What a joke. I wanted to puke. All over him. And then I saw what little profit my siblings and I would receive literally dissolve before my eyes. At one point I managed to say "I don't like you very much." Like that really bothered him. Without batting an eyelash, he said "I'm not here to make friends and I hear that all the time." I'll just bet he does.
This man came straight from hell and when he left he probably went back there, so I couldn't even have the satisfaction of telling him to go to hell!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment