I am very opinionated and will argue a point to the nth degree. I tend to want to get to the bottom of things, so I push the envelope beyond what is expected.
Monday, September 26, 2005
A Second Perspective
My local paper ran an article over the weekend titled "Singin' Sunday Night Blues." I've written here about this before.
Yessssss! I am not alone. There are others out there that feel the way I did the last few years. I'm lucky now in that I no longer work. And believe me it is a great relief not to feel that way anymore! I thought I was alone so I never talked about it.
"It" used to start late Sunday afternoon when the Nascar race was over, oh, somewhere around 6:00 or so. It's a horrible feeling and for those of you who've never experienced it, you'll never understand.
Experts say it happens to workers who are unhappy in their jobs. That is a direct quote from the newspaper. I liked my job. No, I loved my job. I think my problem was having to get up at 5:45 and travel 35 minutes battling school buses etc. Before that particular company moved to a new location, I only had a 5 minute drive and got up a lot later as my hours were different then.
I may have been able to alleviate some of my stress by taking Mondays off every couple of weeks (I had 15 vacation days plus 2 sick days), but Monday was payroll day and I did payroll. So I took Fridays off instead. But that didn't work either. Nothing did.
So here I am: enjoying an early retirement and no more Sunday night blues!
WHAT A PEACEFUL FEELING!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment