Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Brrrrrrrrrrr...


It was freakin' cold yesterday morning, but on cold mornings like that it's a treat for me to see my stray cats waiting for their breakfast.

I remember when it snowed significantly awhile ago and my husband made a path from our deck to where I feed them and then all the way back to the garage/barn for the cats.

Every morning when I go out and start making the "it's time for breakfast" noises of feeding, one by one they start lining up every five feet or so. And when the path was there it looked comical ~ like little planes lined up on the runway waiting for takeoff.

I wish I could put heat in that big old "barn" and feed them back there, but it's a long walk and it's kept locked. The cats get inside through a hole that something chewed open over a year ago. The barn is where we keep our vintage Mustangs but not to worry, they can't damage them. None of them are in pristine condition as far as paint jobs go.

The cats must be doing okay in there and I'm glad they're using it to get in out of the bad weather. It's not only a haven for them, it is also keeping them from roaming too far and getting in trouble or hit on the road in front of our house. That is like the Indy 500 at times. Many animals have been butchered by the crazed drivers that use the road, even though there is a traffic light in the village.

So now I am sitting here waiting for more bad weather. It was supposed to start around 6 AM this morning as ice. As of right now, there is no precipitation at all. I am sure if I were still working we would have gotten tons of ice by now. But because I am not working we get nothing. Pbbbbbbbbt!

6 comments:

Miki said...

Vintage Mustangs???!!! My ears just perked up! I have one in my garage, not in great shape, but it is mine all mine! 1968, pea soup green, vinal top! @89 engine, loved that car, it was my college car, and quick too! that is another story, though! SOOOOO cool to find another oldie lover!

Tiredawg said...

I knew you were cool. Which is faster yours or hubbies. My wife has typical mini-van and I have a 78 Camaro. Not as cool as a pony car but the beyotch WILL run.LOL Come over check out site Cheyenne. New look.

Cheyenne said...

MIKI: We had 20 of them at one time but the township said we had to get rid of them. Something about a "junkyard" not licensed. So we got rid of 12. Now we heard we could have pushed the "Grandfather Law." We were here before the neighbors were that complained.

TIREDAWG: I visit you every day. Yes, I may be old but I am cool. I drive a purple '97 Mustang and his is a '66 in grey primer.

Cheyenne said...

JUST HELP ME: We get into the single digits around here. 0 degrees is normal at the beginning of the year. But the weather is up and down every week. It's enuf to drive one crazy!

Jim said...

You made me think about the cats who all lived under the office in the temporary building sales place here.
Different people would bring them food and water, the owner did too, there were a LOT of them.
It changed into a used car lot and all the cats are gone.
I often wonder where they are now especially cold days like today. Supposed to get to 35 tonight.
..
Will talk Mustangs another day w/you guys.
..

Cheyenne said...

JIM: 35 degrees tonight, huh? At present it is 39 degrees here and the temp. has dropped significantly since this morning. It's almost 2:30 PM, and we are supposed to get nasty weather.