
The snow geese in this photo made a stopover on the farmer's land adjacent to us yesterday. This photo was taken from our deck. The geese are in the upper left portion sort of under the branch of the tree. (Click photo for larger image)
Apparently they are on their way back to their nesting grounds in the arctic Tundra region.
They have white plumage with black under their wing tips. They are a majestic sight not only while flying but as they land too. Every time I see a flock it takes my breath away. Something like this only happens a few days a year usually in late February. They are earlier this year than other years. And this is the first time I have witnessed them in this particular field. I used to see them on my way to work.
I am wondering if this is a sign of early spring for us, or are they just in a hurry to get back "home."
3 comments:
They ARE in a hurry to get home to watch Junior tear up Daytona.
If they leave early for the North country they can meander along the way.
Or get a head start up there, the tundra goes fast when all the ducks and geese get there.
Smart fowls?
..
Nice view from your deck!!
Post a Comment