I am very opinionated and will argue a point to the nth degree. I tend to want to get to the bottom of things, so I push the envelope beyond what is expected.
Monday, January 09, 2006
I Am Hap-py Oh So Hap-py
I watched Dale Jr's news conference today from Daytona.
What he said makes me feel good about the upcoming season.
It has been a very long off season for me, as well as all other Nascar fans I am sure.
Dale Jr also tested at Daytona earlier today. He and Bill Elliott were the only drivers to put two cars in the top ten of the speed chart. Bill was 3rd and 8th fastest, and Junior was 7th and 9th fastest. A little note here: I am also a big fan of Bill Elliott's and have been following his career for a long time.
I connected with Junior in '98 when he came on the Busch racing scene. And I have not disconnected since. Even if he finished last in the points for the rest of his racing career, he would still be my number one driver. A real Junior fan is that dedicated.
So there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mornin Lady. Junebug is back to old form. Gotta say Bill looks good in a bow-tie. I have been a fan of Junior's since I first saw him do an interview when he was only thirteen. Sr. was running at North Wilksboro, they were talking to Junior and asked him what do you want to with your life? He replied with a thirteen year old southern draw. Racin's the only thing I have ever knoooooooown. I was in my early twenties when I saw that interview. I am 41 and I can still remember it like it was yesterday. Ironhead {Dale Sr.} was my hero growing up. Only natural you would love his kid. By the way Kerry is even cooler than junior. Anyone in racing that puts his family first is definatly a man. That is why Kerry never really did well in Cup. Never wanted to be away from his wife and kids. earnhardts mean a lot to me. My avatar is a picture of my tattoo of Dale Sr. Take it easy and Boogity Boogity Boogity, it is almost Daytona time boys!!!!!!!!
TIREDAWG: Yes, he is isn't he? I hope it is a good omen. I remember that interview too. Where he looked like he was all of 9 or 10 yrs old. I have a lot of Kerry's diecast cars too when he was racing. Neat tattoo.
Post a Comment