Although I received my digital camera and photo printer a few weeks ago, I only took the camera out of the box this morning. Up until now it sat here behind me doing nothing. I knew it was there. But I avoided it. Finally, I could no longer do that.
I have just not been in the mood to "deal" with it. I don't know why. Maybe because I think it is too complicated ~ although I don't know that. I have had all kinds and types of cameras over my lifetime and never had a problem learning to use them. Sometimes I didn't even have to refer to the manual to get started.
This, somehow, is different and I need to master it before I even attempt to download the software for computer usage of the camera. Oh boy, just thinking about it gets me fuzzy.
So I sat in the family room this morning contemplating it, which to me was a very major task. Even to the point of depressing me somewhat. And I thought, "Why did I ever buy this camera? What was I thinking?"
But I did eventually get started. I removed the tiny camera from its bubble wrap, and I started reading the "Quick Start Guide." So far, so good ~ reading is one of my strong points. Converting that reading to hands on technology is something of a different nature where I am concerned.
I inserted the batteries and then the memory card. That was easy. Then I set the date and time. Again...easy. I took a picture of my "Earnhardt" wall, then played it back, and damn...THERE IT WAS! Wow! I'm a genius. OK, OK I know...anybody can do what I did.
My next job is to install the software. I'll work on that later. I need to rest now. Just bear with me and I'll master this puppy in no time.
Yeah, I can hear all of you laughing your asses off at this greenhorn. Go ahead...get it out of your system. I'll be OK.
7 comments:
Hey Cheyenne. I hope you do better than I am.
Did you by any chance get a Kodak?
I did and the manual stinks.
The EasyShare software stinks too.
Anyway I got as far as you did in four days, after it was on our table for about a week.
When I installed the software I couldn't tell that anything was happening.
Then a little window prompted me to register the camera and software.
I did that. They were supposed to e-mail me, they didn't. Everybody does, Kodak didn't.
When I put the stuff together hooking the camera to the computer, it up/down ?? loaded the eight pictures I had in camera memory.
It didn't tell me where it was putting them and after two days I still can't find them.
The SD card seems to be working so I guess I can take 318 more pictures while I find them and figure things out.
One more thing. The EasyShare software went through my whole computer and labeled every '.jpg' file as an 'EasyShare jpg' type file. It didn't move them, just put that in a file type.
I don't know what that means.
So watch out for surprises.
I am hoping to find a nice program and a cable so I can load the computer directly from the camera and forget EasyShare.
Don't let this discourage you, you are going at a much faster pace than I am.
..
JHM: I thought I was the only one like that. But I am super determined to get through this.
JIM: I had a real easy time of it ~ the photo is there and I can find it anytime I want. I must uninstall the Adobe photo thingy though because it only confuses the new system.
My camera is a Canon and after much research it is, to me, exactly what I was looking for, for what I needed. Everything is coming along nicely but now I have to figure some things out so that I can post them here. Oh joy!
Once you get it figured out we'll be seeing all kinds of your pictures! Looking forward to it!!
Don't feel bad , if it was me doing it, I would still be fighting the bubble wrap.
RACHEL: I will try my best. Nothing much around her right now to take pictures of. Dreary days.
TIREDAWG: Somehow I thought so.
Post a Comment