Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Tidbitz



This morning as I was looking out my kitchen window, I happened to see two birds pecking away at the ground. I had never seen anything like them before, so I did some research. They are Yellow-Shafted Northern Flickers. I think it was a pair; I only watched the male as he was more colorful and I never checked out the other one. I think I was really thrilled to witness these birds. They are really neat. The one I watched had the black bib at its throat with a red crescent on the back of its head. Also the undersides of the wings were yellow, and its belly was gray with round black spots.

********************

Lynn Swann, former Pittsburgh Steeler, is in the running for Governor of Pennsylvania. I am wondering, if elected, will he be able to run with the ball? I know he can catch it. I used to watch him do it all the time. I am fairly stoked about him running for the position. I'm not exactly thrilled with the Governor we have now (Ed Rendell). For one, he used to be mayor of Philadelphia before becoming Governor. So his allegiance lies with that city, and they always come first in whatever he does.

There are three candidates running for the office and one of them will then square off with Rendell. I guess we won't know until February 11th. C'mon Lynn, catch the ball and run with it.

********************

One last thing: why is it whenever I open new bottles of shampoo and conditioner, the conditioner gets empty long before the shampoo does? I have short hair, but no matter what length I have, it's always the same. It drives me insane. So now I try to buy two bottles of conditioner to one bottle of shampoo.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the bird info! I love watching birds. I feed them all the time but the feeders are not in a good location so that I can see them from inside. We don't have any place to put them where I can see them either, except from a far distance.

I don't have that problem with my conditioner. At least I don't think so. I just go buy a new bottle when one gets empty, but I don't really keep up with when I got what or how long it lasts, etc.

Tiredawg said...

Go Steelers. As far as the conditioner goes, I get yelled at all the time for the same thing. Whats up Cheyenne? Swanny could probvably do better than you think. Maybe even give Chuck Noll his own paid holiday and Tenure to Coach C.

Cheyenne said...

RACHEL: I always buy the same identical shampoo and conditioner. Same brand, same fragrance. I don't like to mix fragrances. So I always know which one is used up first.

Cheyenne said...

JUST HELP ME & TIREDAWG: I am by no means a Steeler fan, but I used to be when Lynn Swann and Terry Bradshaw played. My team is the 49ers. And I like the NY Giants because of my ties to NY.

susan said...

Hi Cheyenne, just dropped in from Babs blog, love the bird...we feed the birds all winter also...I love your name, of course my granddaughter's name is Sheyenne could be the reason. I can't wait for the Jr./Tony Chevy commerical when NASCAR starts back...

Jim said...

A nice bird. Look for worms in the salad packages. Feed them and they might stay for the winter.
Adi uses strawberry shampoo mixed with oatmeal shampoo. But there isn't any strawberry conditioner at WalMart so I have to use raspberry conditioner for her.
She will get a bath today or tomorrow as it will be in the mid 70s both days.
..

Cheyenne said...

JIM: Worms in the salad packages? What the heck does that mean? Try Suave ~ they make Strawberries 'n Creme shampoo $ cond.