Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Dale Earnhardt Jr ~ Git-R-Done!

"At the DEI race shop, the sky looks blue, the grass looks green and the No. 8 Chevrolet looks fast for 2006. Earnhardt could be the bounce-back story of the year."

This is not my quote above...but when I read it, it made my heart swell with pride.

(I had a good post going here, but I hit a wrong button and wiped it out. And after I got done swearing at myself, I decided to try again. However, it won't be as good as the other one. Dammit.)

Anyway, I have watched Dale Earnhardt Jr. grow up and into a smart savvy young man. And I might add he's very easy on the eyes.

Dale Jr. is and always will be my number one driver no matter what he does or doesn't do.

One thing I do not understand is why people like to bash on him. If you don't like him why must you say nasty things about him? Honestly, I cannot understand why anyone doesn't like him. What's not to like? I think it's mainly because of who his father was. A lot of people think Dale Jr. had everything handed to him. If they did their homework, they would know differently.

Junior is not like his father. They are two separate individuals. His father could make a 'bad' racecar into a good one. He would race anything on wheels. Granted, so would Junior probably. He lives to race. He is not as aggressive on the track as Dad. But he's learning. And he has accomplished so much more than his father did at his age. He's only 31.

I also think they don't like him because they are jealous. Jealous of the fact that Dale Earnhardt Sr. was and always will be the greatest stockcar driver on God's green earth. There is no comparison to any other driver. And Junior just happens to be his son. A damn fine son too.

So no matter what this year brings, good or bad, I know that he will be out there doing his best. That's all we can ask for now, isn't it?

7 comments:

Jim said...

Hi Cheyenne

I guessed those two reasons before I got to them in your blog. I'm not into NASCAR as heavy as you are, and I haven't heard bad mouthing of him. I certainly wouldn't.
He is a good driver. He didn't just start 'yesterday' but has worked his way up. He did get a renowned name from his Dad. Too bad they couldn't have raced togetherfor a long time in the big circuit.
Did you get the Christmas tree down? I/we would like to see pictures of it with the Dale Jr #8 ornaments.
..

Tiredawg said...

Hey Lady, liked the post. It is hard to follow greatness, look at Kyle Petty. Both are great in thier fathers shadows. It is unfortunate that everyone, including me compares the two. Juniors finally starting to make his own way. Post A close up of the tree. Peace, Dawg

Cheyenne said...

JIM: Christmas tree is standing nekkid in the living room. I did my job, now it's his job to take it outside. I don't have a digital camera yet ~ am working on getting one.

Cheyenne said...

Dawg: I never compared Junior with his Dad. I never expected him to be like his Dad either. He is his own driver, has his own way.
Like I told Jim above, can't show a pic of the tree. No camera yet.

Cheyenne said...

JUST HELP ME: Why? All your friends Junior fans too?

Clance' McClannahan said...

NASCAR is an aggressive sport. People get all riled up with adrenaline. It is competetive in every way. People will post what they want and say what they want, and as long as it is on their own blog it doesn't matter. I stay out of chat forums just because of all the bashing. Tony Stewart is my driver and believe me he gets bashed. He's earned it. He also earned himself some praise because he grew up a little .
I love a little chiding, poking fun and competition. BUT...if any driver is treated unfairly by NASCAR I will scream as loud for a driver I don't care for as one I do... Bashing is just another form of people taking out their own problems on someone. The other thing that I love about NASCAR is the diversity of the personalities in the NASCAR fans themselves. What a world we live in...
Glad you liked the Alien Movie.

Cheyenne said...

CLANCE: Tony Stewart is well liked in this household by the two of us. It's those Hendrick and Roush boys we don't particularly care for and only because of their owners. But that's what makes this country so great, isn't it? We get to like or not like who we want. When it comes right down to it they are all a bunch of decent guys. I don't hate any one of them. But I don't have to like some of them either.